Know how About The Processing Of A Credit Card
In today’s fast-growing mobile payments, consumers are showing interest in using different advanced ways to pay for goods and services. The credit cards payment method is one of them. Anyone who is finding the credit card processing to be confusing should read the full post. This article will focus on credit card processing and its advantages. From the smallest cafe to the largest institution, credit cards are extremely useful in every business.
Learn how to activate Victoria’s Secret Card
What is credit card processing?
It’s a good idea to have a basic understanding of how a credit card works. Credit cards allow businesses to securely accept payments from the customer’s account to the merchant account. There are several parties involved in the complete method.
- Cardholder: Anyone who has a credit card is already aware of the role of the cardholder. Anyone who obtains a bank card can be categorized as a cardholder. Once the card is issued the person is eligible to pay for goods or services via credit card.
- Merchant: Any business that sells goods or services is a merchant that accepts card payments in exchange for goods or services. The merchant necessarily maintains a merchant account that enables them to accept credit or debit cards from the cardholders.
- Card Association: It is the network that is maintained by the major brands (Visa, MasterCard, Discover) who interchange the fees, establishes security guidelines, etc. They act as a governing body of a community of financial institutions.
- Acquiring Bank: The acquiring bank is what the merchant uses to collect funds from a sale.
- Issuing Bank: The issuing banks verify the identity of the customer and determine whether the individual has sufficient funds to cover the sale.
- Payment Processor: They are the companies that process credit and debit card transactions. They are responsible to connect merchants, merchant banks, card networks, and all the other parties to make the payment possible.
Advantages of using a credit card
After knowing the parties in the complete transaction, let’s take a look at the usefulness of acquiring a credit card –
- User-friendliness is one of the main advantages of having a credit card. A person can purchase a product and make the payment later. A credit card is the simplest way to pay for anything.
- Another significant benefit of having a credit card is the ability to pay for a wider range of online services. Whether it is the bill of a flight ticket or mobile recharge, one can pay for a wide range of services.
- Different credit cards provide different types of rewards and gift vouchers that one can redeem to get extra discounts.
- It is also a great way to track the expense for every month. Just check the statement and get detail of each and every expense.
- A cardholder can plan on making a large purchase and convert the amount into EMI without paying a lump sum for it.
This was a basic idea of credit card processing and its advantages. The use of credit cards is straightforward but there can be a number of hidden charges including joining fees, renewal fees, payment fees, etc. It is recommended to plan purchases and use your credit card only for planned purchases.