Security-as-a-service with cloud security providers
Security-as-a-Service (SECaaS) is the widely discussed keyword in the IT industry with the emergence of cloud computing. Cloud computing opened up a wide range of services for organizations and users regarding IT infrastructure. The increasing market of cloud security providers has shown their universal acceptance. Many organizations are dependant on cloud computing providers to get high-level APIs or for the entire platform that includes OS, middleware, servers, and databases.
What is security as a service?
Cloud computing infrastructure has widened the scope of services offered from backend to disaster recovery, logging, storage, and much more. Can you imagine, we can also provide security as a service? Yes, cloud computing has enabled us to offer security as a service. Security as a service (SECaaS) can be referred to as an outsourced service in which the external company handles all security-related aspects.
The simplest form of security as a service can be described as using antivirus software over the internet. When you use security as a service, security solutions are not delivered to you locally instead they are accessed over the internet through cloud computing technology.
Why Security as a service over the traditional way of security?
SECaaS is a cloud-based service exclusively for cybersecurity management. When security is outsourced to a capable security provider, the entire responsibility of all network-related security is on the provider’s shoulder. Choose the best security provider who has extensive experience in security and will offer the latest protective measures for your organization’s complete cybersecurity. Check out the other striking benefits of the Security as a Service provided by your cloud security provider:
- Increased security with the latest security equipment and ready to respond to security threats all the time.
- Cost reductionwith using the Pay-as-you-go model by reducing ownership cost.
- Save staff time which can otherwise have been spent in providing security updates and constant monitoring.
- Simplification just like other normal services.
- Faster threat response irrespective of time and date as they provide continuous monitoring and alerting 24*7*365.
- Latest technology used by cloud security provider that you may not have the budget to purchase.
- Latest updates are applied to all protected devices whenever available.
- Outsource costly skills as network experts are expensive to get them on the payroll.
What are the various features provided by SECaaS providers?
SECaaS providers use a security model and provide the following security features that provide utmost cybersecurity:
- Disaster recovery and business continuity
- Identity management and control
- Security information and event management
- Continuous security management
- Intrusion detection and management
- Data encryption
- Web security
- Email security
- Anti-virus scanning
Factors while selecting SECaaS provider
If you are looking for the best security providers, what are various factors you should consider? Here is our list:
- Low Total cost of ownership
SECaaS provide protection for various network models:
- Local and head office model
- Network as a Service
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Platform as a Service
- Software as a Service
- Desktop as a Service
- Recovery as a Service
- VOIP as a Service
- Edge as a Service
The popularity of SECaaS has improved the security measures of organizations, especially small and middle-scale companies. Upfront cost reduction of IT infrastructure and simplified security management has beneficial for these companies to grow and improve their cybersecurity.