You should cherish installing parquet flooring
When thinking to renew the total look of your interior, refurnish flooring will be the better option as it is long lasting and changes the overall look of your place. If your choice is to replace your existing flooring with wood than parquet flooring is the better option.
Parquet made by arranging small slats of wood in distinct, repeating patterns because it is a type of wood flooring. While traditional parquet floors were installed one piece at a time.
Nowadays, mostly modern parquet flooring comes in tile form in which the wood slats are bonded to a backing material. Parquet flooring is installed by different methods. For instance, gluing, nailing, or stapling the tiles are done to install this flooring to the subfloor. This is because the parquet strips are hardwood and this flooring is similar in look and performance to traditional solid-hardwood strip flooring.
Types of parquet flooring
You can find many types of parquet flooring. Some of them are as follow,
- Reclaimed Wood Parquet flooring
Variations in areas of damage need that planks and items be clean and resurfaced before the pattern is set. Oak, teak, and mahogany are in style hardwoods used for parquet; pine could be in style softwood. Reclaimed parquet flooring is usually raised from old schools, churches and different public buildings.
- Traditional Parquet flooring
Historically, traditional parquet patterns are typically angular and geometric. It had been laid using tongue and groove carpentry, with no nails or glue used. To finish, it’s waxed and buffed to a high polish.
- Engineered Parquet flooring
It is said that fashionable heating and air-con systems subject wood floors to extreme changes in temperature, and non-engineered parquet flooring might react badly. Designed parquet is created of layers of laminate that are secure along to make a stable and solid core board. This implies that this flooring choice is often used throughout the house, even wherever there are wetness and temperature problems and underneath floor heating.
Uses of parquet flooring
- One of the great uses of a parquet design is to create focal points in a room. Take for instance an entryway into a house. If the wood slats are firing in an outward direction towards the walls from a central shape or object, it creates the center of the room as the focal point on the floor. As a design characteristic, this can be very appealing to the eye and can harmonize the atmosphere of the house.
- Parquet flooring is anti-slippery and moisture and water resistant.
- parquet flooring is meant to give definition to large rooms in a home, in addition to long hallways. The larger the room, the more flexibility there is to create a custom pattern that fits your liking.
- Try to avoid using the parquet design in small rooms and bathrooms, where the effect may be overwhelming and make the room feel smaller.
At the end
When choosing parquet flooring, check the quality then install it in your interior because good quality is essential to keep it long investment.