WHICH IS BETTER FOR AN MBA: XAVIER INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT &ENTREPRENEURSHIP OR CHRIST UNIVERSITY?
Introduction to Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship
The Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship, or XIME, is a private educational institute located in Bangalore, Karnataka. The institute imparts education in the postgraduate and doctorate levels in the stream of management.
XIME Bangalore was established in the year 1991 and is one of the three campuses of the XIME Group of Institutes in India, the other ones being in Kochi and Chennai.
The flagship programs offered by the institute are the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) and Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) courses.
It is affiliated to the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and all of the courses provided are approved by the Bangalore University. The institute is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) – with specialization in the following:
- Information Technology & Analytics
- Human Resource
- General Management
- Production & Operation
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD)
Candidates who have passed their Intermediate with a minimum score of 50% in the same are eligible to apply for the courses in XIME Bangalore.
Applicants wishing to get admitted into the various courses offered by the B-School should be in possession of the minimum required score, that is 75 percentile, in the below-mentioned examinations in order to get selected for the GroupDiscussion/Personal Interview round (GD/PI):
- Common Admission Test – CAT
- Xavier Aptitude Test – XAT
- Agricultural Technology Management Agency – ATMA
- Common Management Admission Test – CMAT
- Graduate Management Admission Test – GMAT
- Management Aptitude Test – MAT
The final selection of the applicants is based on the combined score of the applicant in past academic performance, percentile secured in the entrance exams and performance in the GD/PI round.
Introduction to Christ University
Christ University is an educational institution located in Bangalore, Karnataka.
It provides a total of 46 undergraduate programs in streams of Social Sciences, Science, Humanities, Commerce, Management, Engineering, Law, and Education. The institute also provides 47 postgraduate courses, 17 Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) courses, and 21 Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) courses in the streams of Engineering, Education, Law, Management, Commerce, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Science.
It was founded in the year 1969, in the form of an autonomous college, but was declared as an institution deemed to be university in the year 2008.
Christ University is currently under the management of the priests of the Catholic religious order, known as Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI), who are the part of the Syro Malabar Major Archiepiscopal Church.
Courses offered in the Management stream by Christ University
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – with specialization in the following:
- Human Resource
- Lean Operations and Systems
- Business Analytics
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – FHWS Germany & Finance/Marketing/Operations Christ University
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) + Master of Science (MS) – Christ University & Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Christ University & Western Michigan University
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) in Management
Candidates wishing to take admission in one of the courses in the management stream at Christ University must have passed their Intermediate with a minimum score of 50% for undergraduate courses, 50% in Graduation for postgraduate courses, and 50 % in Postgraduation for Doctorate courses.
For the postgraduate programs, a candidate must have secured more than or same as the valid cut-off marks allotted for that particular year in the entrance exams of CAT, or MAT, or XAT, or GMAT, or ATMA, or CMAT, or GRE.
The institute also conducts separate written and verbal assessments, group discussions, personal interviews, and micro presentations.
The final selection of the candidates is done based on the performance of the particular candidate in his/her academics, entrance exams, GD/PI, micro presentation, and written and verbal assessments.
Which institute is better for an MBA?
All of the speculations and opinions provided in this article are those of the students in both of the institutes and are relative. In short, no college can be described or set as the better one because each educational institute has its unique perks.
- Perks of XIME, Bangalore
- Many international and national recognitions and by various organizations and departments
- Easily accessible; close to the city centre
- Perks of Christ University, Bangalore
- One of the oldest and trusted educational institutions of India
- Faculty is great compared to others
Now, after the discussion of the perks of each of the institute, we can jump to the brief conclusion of the comparison between both of the institute.
Candidates and students who want to have a great academic life with lots of time to study, as well as a great personal and enjoyable life, should opt for an MBA in the Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship.
Whereas, candidates who want to put all their focus and concentration on their studies and don’t need a recreational life should go for an MBA at Christ University.