Supplements For Women: Types & 5 Benefits of Using
Keeping yourself fit and healthy as a woman is essential. There are times when you might wonder what supplements are best and what type you should consider. Taking a proper diet ensures the intake of necessary nutrients. But women’s supplements have the necessary elements to tackle deficiencies and spur growth in the body if you lack nutrients in your diet.
Types of Women’s Supplements
There are numerous women supplements available in the market. Look out for these essentials when buying one:
- Antioxidants – These include vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E. On top of that, there are beta-carotene, retinol, and carotenoids in vitamin A. These protect you from minute particles the body produces called free radicals that tear cells. They lower the risk of health problems and slow down ageing. They also boost the immune system.
- Vitamin B – It has a few types, and all are good for the long-term health of your body. Three of them are the most important.
- Vitamin B6 – This vitamin helps the brain function properly and aids metabolism.
- Vitamin B12 – This is important for the production of red blood cells. Eggs, milk, cheese, etc., are natural sources of Vitamin B12. However, if anyone is unable to consume these due to allergies, they can opt for supplements containing Vitamin B12.
- Folate – This is important for the brain and spinal cord. It helps produce RNA and DNA and prevents the risk of cancer. In addition, it is especially important for pregnant women to avoid birth-related defects.
- Vitamin D – It moves the calcium and phosphorus from the body into the bloodstream. Eggs and fish have this essential vitamin important for middle-aged women and adults.
- Vitamin K – This plays a crucial role in keeping your bones strong. It also helps with blood clots in old age people. Leafy vegetables, broccoli, soybean, etc., are natural sources that can be included in the diet. In addition, you can take supplements rich in vitamin K for better nourishment.
5 Benefits of Taking Women’s Supplements
There are multiple benefits to taking womens supplements. But there are five most common advantages that you need to understand:
- Healthy bones and muscles – When you lack normal nutrients in your foods, it is essential to take supplements that will fulfill the gaps. Supplements can help strengthen bones and muscles. E.g., Vitamin D keeps your bones intact when your body requires calcium and phosphorus.
- Metabolism – Your body needs to break down food into energy to function. To remain fit, take supplements containing Vitamin B6 and B12 to maintain metabolism if your diet lacks these essential vitamins.
- Production of RBC – A drop in RBC levels can lead to severe health-related issues. Vitamin C helps in the production of these cells and thus, if your diet lacks this vitamin, consider taking supplements to keep your body enriched in RBC.
- Immune response – Your immune system gets triggered when foreign particles attack your body, e.g., viruses and bacteria. Antioxidants help in boosting immune response, and thus, supplements with these are essential if your diet doesn’t have them.
- Prevention of cancer and birth defects – Pregnant women who lack vitamin B and especially folic acid are at risk of birth defects like spina bifida. If your diet lacks these elements, taking supplements is the best option to prevent birth defects.
The body needs essential vitamins to keep itself healthy. Unfortunately, there are times when a normal diet lacks these vital elements. For the prevention of multiple health problems and to spur growth in the muscles, taking women’s supplements is a necessity. Make sure to monitor your diet and include these womens supplements if you lack the proper nutrients needed for health and fitness.