Pre-natal Vitamin Usage You Can Count On
Prenatal vitamins are vital to ensure the health and proper development of the baby. Its consumption is very important, since they contain more folic acid than standard vitamins. In addition, its high component of iron and calcium help the baby to grow with stronger and healthier bones, organs and systems. Make use of the AU iHerb Discount Code for the best vitamin purchase now.
The Aspect of Importance
In this sense, it is important that pregnant women consume an adequate level of micronutrients, from the first weeks of gestation. Its consumption will reduce the risk of anemia and iron deficiency in the first trimester of pregnancy, and with it, reduce the risk of low birth weight or premature delivery.
- Folic acid is one of the nutrients contained in most vitamins, helps to prevent defects in the baby’s brain and spinal cord, and protects pregnant women against cancer and strokes. Iron, meanwhile, is the perfect nutrient to reduce the risk of preterm labor, low birth weight and anemia.
- Another essential vitamin in the diet of every pregnant woman is calcium. This mineral strengthens the bones and teeth of both the mother and the baby. It keeps the blood, nervous and muscular systems healthy.
Therefore, prenatal vitamins should be part of your diet. And for this, they must take into account the following recommendations:
- Take folic acid pills every day during the first three months of pregnancy.
- From the fourth month (in the fourteenth week), take the iron pills every day, even up to forty-two days after delivery.
- From the fifth month, it is advisable to start taking calcium pills.
- Take the folic acid, iron and calcium pills (30 minutes before lunch) with boiled water or citrus juices: orange, grapefruit, lemon.
- Avoid taking the pills with tea, coffee or soda, as they prevent the body from absorbing the supplements.
In addition, it has been proven that anemia in children between 3 and 5 years of age is related to the level of iron deficiency in the second trimester of pregnancy. Therefore, it is advisable to take these vitamins before, during and after delivery. Using the iherb discount code ireland for the best supplement is essential now.
Micronutrients complement the daily diet for the development of all vital functions of the mother and baby, and prepare it for good growth and development.Also, your healthcare provider may suggest higher doses of certain nutrients depending on the circumstances. For example, if you delivered a baby with a neural tube defect, your healthcare provider might recommend a separate supplement that contains a higher dose of folic acid such as 4 milligrams (4000 micrograms) before a subsequent pregnancy and during this.Many people wonder about the side effects of prenatal vitamins. Some have nausea or constipation from taking prenatal vitamins. If it happens to you, talk to your doctor about changing the brand or type of vitamins you take.
When should I start taking prenatal vitamins?
You start taking folic acid at least 1 month before you start trying to get pregnant. The first weeks of pregnancy are really important for the health and development of the fetus. Taking folic acid and other prenatal vitamins helps reduce the risk of some birth defects. Continue taking your prenatal vitamins throughout your pregnancy.