First Aid for Drowning and Sunstroke
According to Erste-Hilfe Kurs München, drowning is the penetration of water into the lungs and airways, which can lead to death.
First Aid for Drowning
At the Erste Hilfe Kurs münchen HBF they teach 6 steps for drowning first aid:
- Remove the victim from the water
A person who is drowning will grab onto anything that comes to hand. Be careful: swim up behind him, hold his hair or armpit, holding his face above the surface of the water.
- Put the victim on your knee with his belly so his head is down.
- Clean the oral cavity of foreign bodies (mucus, vomit, algae).
- Check for signs of life.
- If there is no pulse and no breathing, immediately initiate ventilatory ventilation and indirect heart massage.
- After breathing and cardiac activity are restored, lay the victim on his side, cover him and keep him comfortable until medical personnel arrives.
First Aid for Sunstroke
Sunstroke is also a danger in the summertime. Sunstroke is a disorder of the brain caused by prolonged exposure to the sun.
If the victim still remains in the sun, he has a fever, shortness of breath, sometimes he even loses consciousness.
Therefore, when providing Erste Hilfe Kurs pasing first aid, you should, first of all, move the victim to a cool ventilated place. Then release his clothes, loosen the belt, undress him. Put a cold wet towel on his head and neck. Give him smelling ammonia. If necessary, give artificial respiration.
In case of sunstroke give plenty of cool, lightly salted water (drink often but in small sips).
If you transport the patient to a medical facility on your own, make sure the victim is lying down.
It is difficult to determine the severity of the victim’s condition from the symptoms, so call an ambulance in any case.