Everything to Know About the Types of Personal Protective Equipment
There are a few different types of personal protective equipmentand you need to know what they are and what each type includes. These include face shields, gloves, gowns, glasses and goggles, head covers and much more and there are plenty of items that would fall under each type. If you want to learn more about the types and what is included in each, then make sure to keep reading to figure it all out.
Types of PPE
There are numerous types of PPE or personal protective equipment and you should know what they are, including:
- Glasses and goggles – In this category there are different types of glasses that you can use like general, laser, chemical splashes, impact and face shields. All of these are built differently to protect you from various types of hazards that you might face and you should have the type that fits the work that you are doing the best.
- Gloves – There are also plenty of types of gloves that you can purchase like the light nitrile, vinyl or latex, chemical resistant, insulated and wire mesh. All of these keep you from getting burnt or even from cutting yourself depending on what type of work you are going to be doing. If you are working with hazardous materials like blood, then you can go with the basic light gloves, but you need the heavy duty ones for more dangerous materials.
- Gowns – There are various types of gowns that you would also require that are dependent on what type of area you are going to work in, especially in hospitals. There is the traditional, which is seen in hospitals or chemical hazardous areas along with flame resistant and barrier proof ones that will protect you from fires and infections materials.
- Head covers – Another thing that you need to think about when it comes to boiler suits and staying safe is head covers. This can be a basic cover for your head and hair to keep all of the material out of your hair or it can be hard hats, which would give you more protection from anything that would fall down.
- Shoe covers – For those who are working in an environment with dangerous materials they are likely all over the floor. The more you wear the shoe covers, then the less likely you are to carry these materials with you throughout the entire office and even to your home when you leave for the day.
- Respirators – If you are wearing a boiler suits you are going to need to be able to breath and you want the respirator or the masks to help you. This will help you from inhaling any of the injurious materials and can help to keep chemicals and other material from slipping into your lungs while working.
It is important that you have all of the necessary personal protective equipment for yourself and your employees, so you need to know what there is and what it can do for you.
The boiler suits might not be the most comfortable thing that you would wear while you are working, but they will keep you safe. You also need to know what you would need to wear to keep your lungs safe and to keep you from breathing in dangerous materials or bacteria. You also want to have head coverage that will protect your head and those to protect your hands, feet and even your body. If you know what is available, then you can keep yourself and those you work with safer than if you didn’t know what was required.